Mahindra, a prominent name in the automotive industry, is on the verge of unveiling the much-anticipated Bolero Neo Plus. This upcoming model signifies a substantial overhaul of the TUV300 Plus, bringing forth a multitude of improvements set to make a splash in the compact SUV market. Here are the top five significant updates that automotive enthusiasts can anticipate from the forthcoming Mahindra Bolero Neo Plus 9 Seater Model.
1. Striking New Design and Styling
The Bolero Neo Plus 9 Seater Model is set to debut with a refreshed design and style, exuding a contemporary and premium feel compared to its predecessor, the TUV300 Plus. Up front, it will feature a redesigned grille, bumper, headlights, and fog lamps, giving it a more aggressive and robust look. The side profile is also getting a makeover, with updates including new alloy wheels, body cladding, and roof rails. Towards the rear, the Bolero Neo Plus 9 Seater Model will extend its body to accommodate additional seats and cargo space, complemented by an updated taillight cluster and bumper. This model’s overall dimensions will surpass those of the Bolero Neo, ensuring ample room for passengers and luggage.
2. Versatile Seating Options
In contrast to its predecessor, which exclusively offered a 9-seater layout, the Bolero Neo Plus 9 Seater Model will cater to a broader range of customers by providing both 7- and 9-seater configurations. The 7-seater variant will adopt a traditional 2+3+2 seating arrangement, while the 9-seater version will feature a 2+3+4 setup, incorporating two additional jump seats in the third row. These seats will be adorned with premium fabric, ensuring excellent comfort and support during extended journeys. Thanks to its increased length and height dimensions, the Bolero Neo Plus 9 Seater Model will provide ample headroom, legroom, and shoulder room for all passengers.
3. Advanced Features and Technology
Mahindra has integrated a wealth of modern features and technology into the Bolero Neo Plus 9 Seater Model, aiming to elevate convenience, comfort, safety, and entertainment. Some noteworthy offerings include:
- A 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility, built-in navigation, voice command functionality, and a six-speaker audio system.
- A multifunctional steering wheel equipped with controls for audio and cruise functions.
- A digital instrument cluster featuring a multifunctional information display.
- Automatic climate control with rear AC vents for enhanced comfort.
- Convenient amenities such as power windows, central locking, keyless entry, and push-button start.
- Modern lighting elements, including LED daytime running lights, static bending headlamps, a rear wiper, rear defogger, and electrically adjustable outside rearview mirrors.
- Comprehensive safety features such as ABS with EBD, dual airbags, corner braking control, reverse parking sensors, a reverse camera, ISOFIX child seat anchors, and multi-terrain technology.
4. Enhanced Engine and Performance
Under the hood, the Bolero Neo Plus 9 Seater Model will feature the same 1.5-liter mHawk diesel engine found in the Bolero Neo. However, this engine will undergo tuning to deliver increased power and torque compared to its predecessor. Anticipate it to produce 100bhp of power and 260Nm of torque, representing a significant boost of 20bhp and 20Nm compared to the Bolero Neo. This robust engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox, supplemented by micro-hybrid technology and an eco mode to enhance fuel efficiency. Furthermore, the Bolero Neo Plus will maintain a body-on-frame construction and utilize a third-generation Scorpio chassis, ensuring improved stability and durability.
5. Competitive Pricing and Variant Options
The Mahindra Bolero Neo Plus 9 Seater Model is set to make its debut in the Indian market in October 2023, with an anticipated price range falling between Rs. 10.00 to 12.00 Lakh. Prospective buyers will have the option to select from three distinct variants: N8, N10, and N10 (O).
- N8 Variant (Base Model): Priced at Rs. 10.00 Lakh, the N8 variant will offer essential features including sporty headlamps, a powerful HVAC system, micro-hybrid technology, eco mode, tilt steering, a music system, Italian-inspired interiors, ABS with EBD, dual airbags, and more.
- N10 Variant (Mid-Range): Positioned as the mid-range offering with a price tag of Rs. 11.36 Lakh, the N10 variant will enhance the package by incorporating additional features such as static bending headlamps, Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), alloy wheels, a touchscreen infotainment system, premium fabric upholstery, and more.
- N10 (O) Variant (Top-Tier): Priced at Rs. 12.14 Lakh, the top-tier N10 (O) variant will stand out with exclusive features, including multi-terrain technology. This innovation allows drivers to choose from three distinct driving modes: Normal (for regular roads), Rough (for challenging terrains), and Rocky (for rugged terrains), making it an ideal choice for those seeking advanced off-road capabilities.
Competing in the Compact SUV Segment
The upcoming Bolero Neo Plus 9 Seater Model is poised to enter the competitive arena of compact SUVs, where it will face off against formidable rivals like the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Maruti XL6, Kia Carens, and more. Armed with its eye-catching new design, spacious interiors, feature-packed cabin, potent engine, and a compelling price point, the Bolero Neo Plus is positioned to make a strong mark in the compact SUV segment.
This model caters to the needs of individuals in search of a robust, reliable, and versatile SUV capable of tackling a variety of terrains and challenges. Furthermore, it upholds the esteemed legacy of the Bolero brand, known for its widespread popularity and reputation for trustworthiness in the Indian automotive market.