The McLaren Speedtail is a hybrid hypercar manufactured by British automobile manufacturer McLaren Automotive. It was first introduced in October 2018 as the company’s ultimate road-going vehicle, and it is designed to be a modern interpretation of the classic McLaren F1. The Speedtail is notable for its sleek and aerodynamic design, its advanced hybrid powertrain, and its top speed of 250 mph, which makes it one of the fastest production cars ever made. Only 106 units of the Speedtail were produced, and all of them were sold out before the car even went into production.
McLaren Speedtail price
The McLaren Speedtail was priced at £1.75 million (approximately $2.4 million) before options, taxes, and other fees. Only 106 units were produced, and they were all sold out before the car even went into production. Some examples of the Speedtail have since been sold in the secondary market for prices well above the original price.
McLaren Speedtail Variants
There is only one variant of the McLaren Speedtail, which is the ultimate road-going version of the car. It was designed and developed by McLaren’s engineers and designers to be the fastest, most powerful, and most technologically advanced road car the company has ever produced.
All 106 units of the Speedtail have the same specifications and features, including a hybrid powertrain that consists of a twin-turbocharged V8 engine and an electric motor, which together produce a combined output of 1,035 horsepower. The car can accelerate from 0 to 186 mph (300 km/h) in just 12.8 seconds, and it has a top speed of 250 mph (402 km/h).
Each Speedtail is hand-built and individually tailored to the owner’s preferences, with numerous customization options available for the exterior and interior of the car. The Speedtail also features advanced aerodynamics, including a teardrop-shaped cockpit, active rear ailerons, and carbon fiber bodywork, all of which contribute to its exceptional performance and stability at high speeds.
McLaren Speedtail Colours
The McLaren Speedtail was offered with a limited range of exterior colors, which were carefully curated by the company’s designers to complement the car’s unique design and aerodynamics.
The available colors for the Speedtail included:
- Stratospheric Blue – a metallic blue shade that is inspired by the color of the sky at high altitude.
- Saros – a metallic copper tone that is named after the astronomical event that occurs when the sun and the moon align with the earth.
- Whitened White – a pearlescent white color that features a subtle blue tint.
- Lunar Silver – a metallic silver color that is inspired by the surface of the moon.
- XP Green – a metallic green color that was developed specifically for the Speedtail, inspired by the iconic McLaren F1.
McLaren Speedtail Features
The McLaren Speedtail is a technologically advanced hypercar that features numerous cutting-edge features and innovations. Here are some of the key features of the Speedtail:
- Hybrid Powertrain – The Speedtail is powered by a hybrid powertrain that combines a twin-turbocharged V8 engine with an electric motor, producing a combined output of 1,035 horsepower.
- Speed and Performance – The Speedtail can accelerate from 0 to 186 mph (300 km/h) in just 12.8 seconds, making it one of the fastest production cars in the world. It has a top speed of 250 mph (402 km/h).
- Aerodynamics – The Speedtail features advanced aerodynamics, including a teardrop-shaped cockpit, active rear ailerons, and carbon fiber bodywork, all of which contribute to its exceptional performance and stability at high speeds.
- Design – The Speedtail features a sleek and futuristic design that is inspired by the iconic McLaren F1, with a centrally located driver’s seat and a two-passenger cabin.
- Luxury and Comfort – Despite its high-performance capabilities, the Speedtail also offers a luxurious and comfortable interior, with high-quality materials, advanced technology, and numerous customization options.
- Dihedral Doors – The Speedtail features distinctive dihedral doors that open upwards and forwards, providing easy access to the car’s interior.
- Advanced Technology – The Speedtail features numerous advanced technologies, including digital displays, touchscreens, and an advanced driver assistance system, all of which are designed to enhance the driving experience and improve safety.
McLaren Speedtail Specs
Here are the key specifications for the McLaren Speedtail:
- 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine
- Electric motor
- Combined output of 1,035 horsepower
- 7-speed automatic transmission
- Top speed of 250 mph (402 km/h)
- Acceleration from 0 to 186 mph (300 km/h) in 12.8 seconds
- Carbon fiber monocoque chassis
- Rear-wheel drive
- Length: 5,137 mm (202.2 in)
- Width: 2,161 mm (85.1 in)
- Height: 1,120 mm (44.1 in)
- Wheelbase: 3,230 mm (127.2 in)
- Dry weight: 1,430 kg (3,153 lbs)
- City: N/A
- Highway: N/A
- Combined: N/A
McLaren Speedtail Competitors
Here is a comparison table of some of the main competitors to the McLaren Speedtail:
|Model||Power||Top Speed||0-60 mph (0-97 km/h)||Price|
|McLaren Speedtail||1,035 hp||250 mph (402 km/h)||2.5 sec||$2.25 million|
|Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 300+||1,577 hp||304 mph (490 km/h)||2.4 sec||$5.2 million|
|Koenigsegg Jesko||1,600+ hp||330 mph (531 km/h)||2.5 sec||$3 million|
|Rimac C_Two||1,888 hp||258 mph (415 km/h)||1.85 sec||$2.4 million|
|Lamborghini Sián FKP 37||819 hp||217 mph (350 km/h)||2.8 sec||$3.6 million|
|Aston Martin Valkyrie||1,160 hp||250 mph (402 km/h)||2.5 sec||$3.2 million|
McLaren Speedtail FAQs
Q: How many Speedtails will be produced?
A: Only 106 Speedtails will be produced, and all of them have already been sold.
Q: What is the price of the Speedtail?
A: The Speedtail was priced at $2.25 million, but due to the limited production, resale prices are likely to be much higher.
Q: What is the top speed of the Speedtail?
A: The top speed of the Speedtail is 250 mph (402 km/h), which makes it one of the fastest production cars in the world.
Q: How fast is the Speedtail from 0 to 60 mph?
A: The Speedtail can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 km/h) in just 2.5 seconds.
Q: What is the engine of the Speedtail? A: The Speedtail is powered by a hybrid powertrain that combines a twin-turbocharged V8 engine with an electric motor, producing a combined output of 1,035 horsepower.
Q: What is the seating arrangement in the Speedtail?
A: The Speedtail features a centrally located driver’s seat, with a two-passenger cabin behind the driver.
Q: What materials is the Speedtail made of?
A: The Speedtail features a carbon fiber monocoque chassis and carbon fiber bodywork, which help keep the weight down while providing exceptional strength and rigidity.
Q: Can the Speedtail be driven on public roads?
A: Yes, the Speedtail is street-legal and can be driven on public roads, although due to its limited production and high value, it is likely to be kept as a collector’s item by most owners.