CRDi Full Form:- CRDi Full Form is Common Rail Direct Injection. A Common Rail is used to supply the fuel directly into the Cylinders of the Engine by Injectors. On Diesel Engines, There are Three Main Components of the CRDi System. and they are listed below-
- High-Pressure Pump
- Common Rail
- 30 Best Mileage Cars in India – Top Fuel Efficient Indian Cars
- 15 Best Mileage Petrol Cars – Top Fuel Efficient Indian Cars
- 15 Best Diesel Cars in India – Top 15 Fuel-Efficient Cars
The CRDi Fuel system consists of three main components are mentioned above. Using these components with Diesels Engines are called CRDi Engines.
Advantages of CRDi – Common Rail Direct Injection Systems
There are many Advantages of CRDi–Common Rail Direct Injection in Diesel Engines. Some of them listed below.
- Low Consumption of Fuel
- Low Emissions in Diesel Vehicles
- High Efficiency
- Low Noise and Vibration in Engines
- Superior Pick-up
- Higher Mileage
- Improved Performance
- Smooth Driving Experience
- Best Automatic Cars in India – TOP 15 Automatic Cars
- Best Sedan in India – TOP 15 Sedan in 2020
- Best MPVs Cars in India – TOP MPVs Cars
Disadvantages of CRDi
There are Some Disadvantages of CRDi – Common Rail Direct Injection in Diesel Engines. Some of them listed below.
- Expensive technology as a comparison to traditional fuel systems
- Expensive Parts
- High-Cost Maintainance
Common Problems in CRDi
Basically, there are some symptoms indicates that CRDi System is making trouble in the vehicle. Some of them also can cause other parts too, So Be careful of that.
- Black Smoke on acceleration and idle
- White Smoke in cold starting and it smells very bad
- Blue Smoke on running Condition
- Engine Missing or Misfiring
- Knocking Sound on idle and acceleration
- Starting Problem
- Late Starting of Vehicle in Cold Condition
- Late Starting of Vehicle in Hot / Raised Temp. Condition
- Low Mileage
- Low Engine Power
- Vehicles Engine Turn Off on High Speed
- Jerking on running Condition of vehicles
- Check Engine Light Coming in Cluster
- Accelerator Pedal not working on running Condition for Sometime on high speed
Most Common Failure Reasons of CRDi
CRDi System is a highly complex and tested product for a long period. But, It gets failure due to some parameters and it can be rectified after proper diagnosis. Some of them are listed below.
- Adulterated Fuel or Bad Quality Fuel
- Bad Condition of Diesel / Fuel Filter
- Improper Service maintenance
- Dirty Fuel Tank or Junked Fuel Tank
- Best Hatchback Cars in India – TOP 15 Hatchback Cars
- Best SUV in India – TOP 15 SUV’S in 2020 – Check the List
- Best CNG Cars in India – Highest Mileage CNG Cars List
There are Some Auto Makers use CRDi as different names on their vehicles. and it becomes the topic of search. So, here are some Companies that use CRDi as.
- Hyundai and Kia use CRDi – That stands for Common Rail Direct Injection
- Mahindra & Mahindra use CRDe – That stands for Common Rail Diesel Engine
- Maruti Suzuki use DDiS – That Stands for Diesel Direct Injection System
- Ford uses TDCi – That stands for Turbocharged Diesel Common Rail Injection
- Audi/Volkswagen uses TDI – That stands for Turbocharged Diesel direct injection
- Honda uses I-DTEC – That stands for Intelligent Diesel Technology Electronic control
The Major Manufacturers of CRDi Fuel Systems are –
CRDi Engine FAQs
What is a CRDi engine?
CRDi stands for Common Rail Direct Injection. It is a type of diesel engine that uses a common rail to deliver fuel to the injectors. This system allows for more precise control of the fuel injection, which can improve fuel economy and emissions.
What are the advantages of a CRDi engine?
CRDi engines offer a number of advantages over traditional diesel engines, including:
- Improved fuel economy
- Lower emissions
- More precise control of the fuel injection
- Smoother running
- Quieter operation
What are the disadvantages of a CRDi engine?
CRDi engines also have some disadvantages, including:
- More expensive to purchase
- More complex to repair
- More sensitive to fuel quality
What are some common problems with CRDi engines?
Some common problems with CRDi engines include:
- Fuel injector problems
- High-pressure fuel pump problems
- Diesel particulate filter problems
- EGR valve problems
How long do CRDi engines last?
With proper care and maintenance, CRDi engines can last for many years. However, they are more complex than traditional diesel engines, so they may require more frequent maintenance.
What is the difference between a CRDi engine and a DI diesel engine?
The main difference between a CRDi engine and a DI diesel engine is the way that the fuel is injected into the combustion chamber. A CRDi engine uses a common rail to deliver fuel to the injectors, while a DI diesel engine uses a direct injection system.
Which is better, a CRDi engine or a DI diesel engine?
There is no clear answer to this question, as both types of engines have their own advantages and disadvantages. CRDi engines offer better fuel economy and lower emissions, while DI diesel engines are simpler and more reliable. Ultimately, the best type of engine for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences.
- New Renault Duster Price in India, Colors, Mileage, Top-speed, Features, Specs, and More
- Renault Megane E Tech Price in India, Colors, Mileage, Top-speed, Features, Specs, and More
- Renault Kwid EV Price in India, Colors, Mileage, Top-speed, Features, Specs, and More
- Skoda Octavia Price in India, Colors, Mileage, Top-speed, Features, Specs, and More
- Tata Altroz iTurbo Price in India, Colors, Mileage, Top-speed, Features, Specs, and More